Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tups Indispensable flymph video

 Tups indispensable has a very secretive history behind it. G.E.M. Skues wrote about and many have talked about it.  From what I gathered from reading everything I could find on it was the fly was yellow bodied, and the thorax while wet, was pink.  They also used a honey dun hackle.
  I put this fly together, basing it off what i found out. It's not the true tups by any means but there are similarities, and from my fishing with the T.I.F.(tups indispensable flymph) it just may be as effective.  All I know is the trout certainly approve of it and that is all that matters to me.


Materials
Hook- Daiichi alec Jackson north country spider #11
Thread- Pearsall's silk  Primrose
Tail- Honey dun hackle fibers
Abdomen- Tying thread
Thorax- J.U.s tup blend(white and pink rabbit, and hares mask, and U.V. pink ice dub)
Hackle- Honey dun hen neck

2 comments:

  1. You gotta love a fly that the original's recipe called for hair from a sheep's chode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right bill, lol. I am glad the trout like the blend i use, lord knows I wouuldnt care to tie with the original material! lol

      Delete