Thursday, May 24, 2012

Spring session 18, dry flying a spring creek

Well I got out of work early today do to the rain. I got back in town and it wasn't raining, so I decided to hit a stretch of my local spring creek. I still had the g-gnat on the line from last time out so I drifted with it. Didn't take anytime before I had my first wild brown on. It's never gets old to me just how beautiful the browns are in there. I fished with the g-gnat till it came apart. The fly caught dozens of fish before the wire rib broke. I then switched to spent stone(wonder wing) and the trout still take that fly eagerly It sure is a great fly. I fished until the wind picked up and black ominous clouds rolled in. With a flash and a crack of thunder I headed back to the car swiftly.

No comments:

Post a Comment