Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Helping out and why i dont fish TCA

  As anyone who follows my blog, knows that i have been making videos of the Dam removal on the Musconetcong river in Finesville, Nj.   The people at Musconetcong Water Association contacted me about my video. They like them very much and asked if  they could use them. I of coarse said "Yes".  They asked if they could use the movies for a presentation at the NJ Water Quality Summit on December 1&2. I said "yes", and i suggested that i could do a montage of them. They said that would be great. I did the montage up last night and today I met Nancy, and the other wonderful women of the M.W.A.  I presented the video to Nancy and we watched it. She then gave gave me a tour of the building on the musky in Asbury.  The building is totally green. Its very nice and remarkable dedication to environmentalism.  Check out there website M.W.A. site. ( I forgot my camera so no pics! :/)

  Then  I received a call from Mad Man Steve, He was pounding the stockies on the Pequest TCA.  I usually wont fish Tca. I said Id come out and play. So i headed on over.  I got geared up and met the mad man at the spill way.  There was a fellow there that was down stream us upon my arrival.  I stepped into the river and like usual, there were bows at my feet. This is a point I dont like.  Trout at your feet.... Just not right.  Well i tied on the ultra egg and biot miracle. Wasn't long before i was into a bow. Not a very good fight considering the size of bow. Another point that i dont like. Large roll over fish. Now not all the fish do this but a vast majority do.  Within second of releasing the fish, the fellow down stream comes wading up  the middle of the stream and stopped directly across from me out about 10'-15'. He said Hello and then proceeded to throw cast at my feet and into my drifting area. Major point i dont like. I cant stand people who have zero fishing etiquette and crowd you. Completely ridiculous.  I fished  for short time and caught a nice size bow on the biot miracle. I got the hog in and mad man got some pics. 2 of the bows i got, one being the hog put up a pretty good fight.  I released the fish and got out of the water.   We made are way back to our vehicles with my mind thinking of the reminding I got about why i dont fish Tca.   Its just not fly fishing to me.   Thanks for the pics and FUN time Mad Man.
The polite fisherman............

The hog

The hog

3 comments:

  1. JU. Thanks again for joining me out on the TCA water today. Sorry you had to witness the madness of what some people would do for stocked fish in this state.

    Note: Johnny, My Cellphone didn't make it from swimming with the fishes. New one should arrive sometime today. Email or landline if your fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was up in Erie three weeks ago and that is the true Circus:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erie isn't always crowded and I think the Erie anglers are far more polite than the people I have encountered on the Salmon River. Also if you are able to fish the Erie tribs during the week like I do you will find fewer anglers. Lastly if you are willing to walk 1/4 mile up, or down, or a parking area you are far more likely to find a lot more space to fish.

    ReplyDelete