Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wild P.A. Trout 10/9/11

Well got out yesterday for a while. I decided to hit a tributary stream of a favorite freestone stream of mine.  I enjoy fishing the tributary in fall as quite a few wild browns come in for spawning. There not on the redds yet and I dont fish for them on there redds either.  The trout need to reproduce in order to keep the wild populations going.  Well the morning was cold and I was working, but I got done early and hit the trib.

The wild browns were just about everywhere. I found them in every likely trout spot the eye could find.  To say the stream was loaded would be an understatement. The golden oldie did very well until the Tan winged long horned sages(caddis) started to emerger.  I swapped out for the peeking caddis, by the  G4. Once this rig was on, it was on.  I fished a good mile of the trib and caught "more than four" ten times over. lol. Needless to say it was a very productive day. I left the stream with a very tattered peeking caddis and a great big smile on my face.


This is one of the prettiest browns have caught in some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment