Sunday, August 28, 2011

The effects of Irene on New Jersey's stream and some eastern pennsylvania

My little spring creek got blown out big time by Irene as well as the entire tri-state area. I expected this. With over 11" in rain in less than 18 hours. The mighty musconetcong  topped off today at close to 9000 cfs! That is amazing. This of coarse  caused major flooding in hacketstown and down the rest of the valley.

Many of the streams in the tri-state area beat beat there records with the help of Irene. With all this water you can bet your favorite streams layout will be changed. This is something that intrigues me. It will give you the chance to relearn your well known stream.

I cant wait to get out and see how much my local streams have changed with all the excessive flow

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket











2 comments:

  1. This was without doubt the most intense rain I have ever seen up here

    ReplyDelete
  2. George,
    I was awake until around 430am. And I totally agree with you. I was mesmerized by the amount of rain falling. It looked just like a wall of water. Truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete